www.elektronik.si Seznam forumov www.elektronik.si
Forum o elektrotehniki in računalništvu

PomočPomoč  IščiIšči  Seznam članovSeznam članov  SkupineSkupine  StatisticsStatistika  AlbumAlbum  DatotekeFilemanager DokumentacijaDocDB LinksPovezave   Registriraj seRegistriraj se 
  PravilaPravila  LinksBolha  PriponkePriponke  KoledarKoledar  ZapiskiZapiski Tvoj profilTvoj profil Prijava za pregled zasebnih sporočilPrijava za pregled zasebnih sporočil PrijavaPrijava 

DS2430 za kartušo
Pojdi na stran Prejšnja  1, 2, 3

Objavi novo temo   Odgovori na to temo   Printer-friendly version    www.elektronik.si Seznam forumov -> Osnove programiranja PIC-a v Assembler-ju
Poglej prejšnjo temo :: Poglej naslednjo temo  
Avtor Sporočilo
igo
Član
Član

Pridružen-a: Sre 11 Okt 2006 19:11
Aktiv.: 17.11

PrispevekObjavljeno: Pon Jun 18, 2012 3:09 pm    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

About unique ID ...
Fortunately my printer is "stupid" enough and it does not check ID of DS2430.

Write a unique name on each new cartridge and save its content into a file with the same name.

When the cartridge is empty, overwrite its content from a file with the same name.

It should work.

BTW: I am still waiting for 1-wire devices with programmable ID. I hope that Dallas does not have exclusive rights to use 1-wire protocol.

Odsoten Poglej uporabnikov profil Pošlji zasebno sporočilo Pošlji E-sporočilo
oarecare
Neznanec
Neznanec

Pridružen-a: Tor 09 Apr 2013 16:00
Aktiv.: 0.01

PrispevekObjavljeno: Tor Apr 09, 2013 4:04 pm    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

Does anybody know if it works on JV33 or not?

Regards
Nazaj na vrh
Odsoten Poglej uporabnikov profil Pošlji zasebno sporočilo
durotron
Neznanec
Neznanec

Pridružen-a: Sob 08 Mar 2014 20:52
Aktiv.: 0.01

PrispevekObjavljeno: Sre Mar 12, 2014 10:17 am    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

I am looking for a similar realization using atmel avr processors.
Anyone did this?

Best regards
Stefan
Nazaj na vrh
igo
Član
Član

PrispevekObjavljeno: Čet Mar 13, 2014 6:26 pm    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

Probably not in Slovenia (2 million people, small number of printers).

I think that every middle experienced Atmel programmer should understand, what the program must do. On demand read and write DS EE content with 1-wire protocol.

I do not have PCB file, because I made that simple circuit on "1000-holes" plate and made housing from a textsurfer pen.

65wer46s
Neznanec
Neznanec

Pridružen-a: Čet 11 Okt 2018 0:59
Aktiv.: 0.05

PrispevekObjavljeno: Čet Okt 11, 2018 1:35 am    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

Hello!
Sorry for reviving an old topic and for my lack of knowledge in Slovenian language.

This is the only information that I found on the internet about DS2430A chips that are used on Mimaki, Roland and probably other printers too.

I began looking into the information stored in these chips after my printer refused a full cartridge and also because I also had a few that just expired with more than 50% ink left in them.

Until now I have made:
- a reader/writer for DS2430A and reader DS2431 chips
Any arduino compatible board can be used. Device is menu driven and can be controlled by serial port. Dumps data, loads data, writes data and can also change just specific bytes in the chip.

- a DS2430A emulator
Almost any arduino compatible board can be used. After loading data, the printer accepts it as a normal chip. Data can be loaded by serial connection at startup, will be saved to internal eeprom and can be read/written by the printer. To work, data from a good chip is needed. The printer stores ink levels related to chip ID so refilling chip is not possible.

I gathered a few chips from SS21 ink cartridges and dumped the data for analysis.
Ink color, expiration date, used ink, remaining ink can be read freely and are in "cleartext". Sadly some bytes seem to be some sort of CRC that I didn't yet found out. I have a pretty good idea which bytes are the CRC but not how to calculate them.
I am looking for help or more info on this subject.

If this information is interesting, if anyone wants it or maybe can help me then please reply.
Otherwise sorry again for reviving this old topic for nothing.
Nazaj na vrh
igo
Član
Član

PrispevekObjavljeno: Čet Okt 11, 2018 2:20 pm    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

It is actually not necessary to know the meaning of data (byte on location) that is written in EEprom.
Data that is written in new, unused and full cartridge is valid and it matches to the unique 1-wire address of DS2430 .
All you have to do is read data before you insert cartridge into printer and store that data to a file on an external location.
Then a printer does what a printer has to do.
When the cartridge is empty, you do not have to care about the unuseful data, CRC and other bytes with unknown meaning or even being encoded with 1-wire address.

You just refill the cartridge with ink and overwrite the EE content with the content of file that was read from exactly that cartridge (1-wire address, ...), when it was new.
Printer will check if the data is valid and it will always be.

Added: Uhhh ... cartridge expiration date ... when did they add this ???
d'oh!
Sorry ... I wish you happy reverse engineering Neutral .

65wer46s
Neznanec
Neznanec

PrispevekObjavljeno: Čet Okt 11, 2018 8:36 pm    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

I already tried writing back the data from a full cartridge, doesn't work anymore.
At least not on my Mimaki JV150, on this model it's impossible to increase available ink.
When doing this, the printer blacklists the chip also for other printers.
It is possible to decrease the ink level though... Brick wall

Looks like the new printer lines remember used cartridges and they show them as unusable if ink levels are changed compared to what the printer expects.

Changing the cartridge id (using emulator) works if 1 byte in EEPROM is changed correspondingly too. Looks like autoreset chips work the same way (at each power on they increase one byte in ROM ID and adjust last byte in EEPROM to match).

From what I gathered until now, there are 4 places for CRC's.
1st for ink type and colour
2nd for expiration date
3rd for ink levels
4th probably for the whole data + ROM ID
Nazaj na vrh
igo
Član
Član

PrispevekObjavljeno: Pet Okt 12, 2018 3:25 pm    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

Maybe date manipulation in printer would be easier way to achive that cartridge "never" expires Anxious

Try to change create and last modified date of file you want to print to tomorrow to check if the printer complains about files "from the future" Smile . Just set computer time to tomorrow, create and save a file, change comp time to today and send file to print.

It is possible that you would need to create some kind of an "island of the past" inside of your network

65wer46s
Neznanec
Neznanec

PrispevekObjavljeno: Pon Okt 15, 2018 9:56 am    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

Good idea, but it should be easier to reset the printer's internal clock to production date.

Actually I already tried that. The printer will happily accept expired cartridges but will complain about newer ones with the message "Expiry".

Would you happen to have some dumps from SS21 cartridges? I am in need of some more to compare some findings. I think I may be on to something about their CRC method.
Nazaj na vrh
igo
Član
Član

PrispevekObjavljeno: Pet Okt 19, 2018 11:09 am    Naslov sporočila:   Odgovori s citatom

Sorry. I do not have old cartridges and/or DS chips from them. I did this reader/writer long time ago for my friend who had an old Roland printer.

Now he has an Epson printer and he uses original cartridges (he did not want listen to me to buy a more expensive model with refillable system d'oh! ).

Pokaži sporočila:   
Objavi novo temo   Odgovori na to temo   Printer-friendly version    www.elektronik.si Seznam forumov -> Osnove programiranja PIC-a v Assembler-ju Časovni pas GMT + 2 uri, srednjeevropski - poletni čas
Pojdi na stran Prejšnja  1, 2, 3
Stran 3 od 3

Pojdi na:  
Ne, ne moreš dodajati novih tem v tem forumu
Ne, ne moreš odgovarjati na teme v tem forumu
Ne, ne moreš urejati svojih prispevkov v tem forumu
Ne, ne moreš brisati svojih prispevkov v tem forumu
Ne ne moreš glasovati v anketi v tem forumu
Ne, ne moreš pripeti datotek v tem forumu
Ne, ne moreš povleči datotek v tem forumu

Uptime: 48 dni